Re: newbie here: info request (for import)

Am Mittwoch, den 22.09.2010, 08:39 +0200 schrieb Alessandro Magni:
> Hi Thosrsten,
> thanks for the input!
>
> It is great news for me that it is possible to have zim-files
> disseminated around the filesystem...
> unfortunately I believed it impossible, so I already wrote down my
> crawler program that puts all the files in a unique directory.
> It is still a bit rough, but I hope to have it polished in a few days -
> if it could interest anybody I'll gladly post it here.
> What worries me about your approach is that it involves changing the Zim
> program itself, so I fear it could result incompatible in the event of a
> Zim upgrade - unless the developers hear our call for help and make it
> available as an option in the program itself.
> If I may ask, are you using this trick for my same need (i.e. to have an
> hypertext self-commenting directory structure)?
@Alessandro
as you already noticed zim places subpages in subdirectories in the form
of:
page_name.txt
page_name/subpage.txt
page_name/subpage/subsubpage.txt
other_page.txt
[...]

I prefer this form:
page_name/README.txt
page_name/somefile.pdf
page_name/subpage/README.txt
page_name/subpage/someotherfiles.pdf
page_name/subpage/somesourcefile.tex
page_name/subpage/subsubpage/README.txt
other_page/README.txt
[...]
for working on an existing tree.

@Japp:
I tried to create my own zim/stores/filesindirs.py with a configurable
file name, but it looks like there is no way to tell zim to use the new
storage?

regards