Re: new wiki syntax: better way to implement in Zim ?

On 2011 1 23 16:30, "Juancarlo Añez" <apalala@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 9:20 AM, Rui Nibau <rui.nibau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>> I saw that maybe alternative syntaxes could be a new feature.  So, if
>> you ever think about this evolution, did you think of a way to do it ?
>> Is my way a valid solution ? Or this feature should be managed in a
>> plugin, or with a field in the preference dialog ?
>

> If Jaap could refactor the code so Wiki parsers were pluggable and had a
defined pluging API, some of us would be really happy.

> As I understand the current state of affairs, the  spec for the output of
a wiki parser is the source code for current parser, of which Japp talks of
as 'hacked'.

I would welcome the possibility to have multiple types of markup languages
in the same workspace, but I think a plugin architecture is a good start. My
favourite markup is asciidoc.

--
Svenn