Zim Questions / Kudos

I was looking to add functionality to make it easier to link pages (e.g.
copy/paste page link and maybe drag and drop a page from the index pane) but
was pleasantly surprised to find pretty much everything I was looking for is
already implemented via *shift-^L* and even the drag and drop works. Perhaps
the drag and drop is a new feature because I'm pretty sure I tried this
previously and it wasn't there.

I ran into one difficulty with utilizing the new functionality I was
learning, in order to be effective from the keyboard, I need to change focus
from the editor to the index pane to select the page I want to link to. This
looks like it should be working with the *alt-space* key binding, but for me
this key binding is tied to the GNOME window management menu ( Maximize,
Minimize etc.). Which makes sense ... I think I knew that one already. I
also tried the the *ctrl-space* option, but that one doesn't appear to do
anything for me. Am I missing something or does using *alt-space* for this
functionality conflict with common GNOME key binding?

2nd question is about dropping in a new plugin somewhere. I was going to try
the "Insert Snippet" plugin out. Do I have to put that into the Zim code
base under zim/zim/plugins or can I put it somewhere else? (i.e.
~/.zim/plugins) It looked like I'd be able to put it into a directory in my
PATH, but this didn't seem to work.

I was also wondering if there was any existing functionality which would
generate some kind of display of the sub-tree structure under the current
namespace? What I'd like is to be able generate a linked indented listing
 pages under a sub-tree and paste it into the parent page. Kind of like a
table of contents.

Thanks,
Brian ..

Follow ups