Page Not Visible

I've recently started syncing one of my Zim wiki's between two machines via
SpiderOak (cloud storage). I thought everything was working fine, but I've
now found a page which is "missing" from the Index view. The files are
there, and I can navigate to the page using *Jump To* etc.

I tried using the menu option *Tools ==> Rebuild Index*, but that didn't
work.

However, running *zim --index -V *did the trick and the pages were visible
again.

Two questions. What is the Rebuild Index menu option supposed to do? I
assumed it would be the same as running the --index option, but this is the
2nd time I've learned they're not the same.

Second is not so much as question as a comment. At first the --index wasn't
working. I have mutiple Notebooks and did not have a default notebook
specified. In this case you get the following error:

$ python ./zim.py --index
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./zim.py", line 56, in <module>
    zim.main(argv)
  File "/home/bshaver/Documents/Projects/zim/zim/__init__.py", line 267, in
main
    method(**optsdict)
  File "/home/bshaver/Documents/Projects/zim/zim/__init__.py", line 501, in
cmd_index
    index = self.notebook.index
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'index'

Follow ups