Re: zim-0.52 windows release

Gunnar, thanks for your inquiry.

As it says on my Zim for Windows page < http://www.glump.net/software/zim >,
Zim 0.52 contains a show-stopper bug (#783811) that prevents it from working
correctly in Windows. At the time, I assumed 0.53 release would be coming
soon and I also specifically did not want to start maintaining my own
special fork of Zim. So after Jaap (I believe it was he) fixed the Windows
show-stopper bug, I decided to wait until the 0.53 release before doing
another official Windows build.

Jaap and other contributors: can you comment on this? What is the timeline
for the 0.53 release? If it's a long way out, should I create my own Zim for
Windows fork from the 0.52 release and backport the fix for Bug #783811 from
the head into it and release that?

Brendan Kidwell