Re: Directions for Installing Dependencies for Plugins

On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 9:34 PM, mowestusa <mowestusa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm trying to use Zim Wiki on Windows Vista. Main program works great, I
> love it, but I would like to get things like the spell checker working and
> perhaps some of the others, but I was wondering if there are clear
> directions for how to install all of the correct dependencies under Windows.
> On my Linux boxes it would be a simple apt-cache search and an apt-get
> install, but Vista is another matter. I thought to get the spell checker
> working I needed pygtk, which lead to installing python 2.7 first, but now
> I'm thinking that I didn't need either of those for the spell checker.
>
> Perhaps, I missed something?

Afraid not all the dependencies are available on windows. (Which is exactly
why some of these things are shipped as plugins instead of core
functionality.)

For the spell checking you need "gtkspell", last time I checked there was no
convenient windows package for that. So afraid it needs to be compiled from
scratch.

-- Jaap