Re: Can not import 'xdg.Mime' - falling back to 'mimetypes'

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 11:18 AM, Ramiro Magno <ramiro.magno@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> I'm not sure if this is really a problem/bug.
>
> I used to have this warning just after launching zim from the command line:
> WARNING: Can not import 'xdg.Mime' - falling back to 'mimetypes'
>
> googling lead me to this:
> https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/20707
>
> and my linux distro happens to be arch. This bug has been closed though as
> it was reported to have been fixed in zim-0.48-2.
> I have zim 0.52 and this warning was still printed out though, until I
> installed the pyxdg package (0.19-2). Now  the warning is gone.

I don't understand what's going on, but for anyone who might look into it,
here's a comparison from Linux Mint:

$ zim --debug 2>log

--- begin debug output
INFO: This is zim 0.52
DEBUG: Python version is sys.version_info(major=2, minor=7, micro=1,
releaselevel='final', serial=0)
DEBUG: Platform is posix
DEBUG: No bzr version-info found
DEBUG: Not running from a source dir
DEBUG: Set XDG_DATA_HOME to /home/brendan/.local/share
DEBUG: Set XDG_DATA_DIRS to [<Dir: /usr/share/gnome>, <Dir:
/usr/local/share>, <Dir: /usr/share>]
DEBUG: Set XDG_CONFIG_HOME to /home/brendan/.config
DEBUG: Set XDG_CONFIG_DIRS to [<Dir: /etc/xdg/xdg-gnome>, <Dir: /etc/xdg>]
DEBUG: Set XDG_CACHE_HOME to /home/brendan/.cache
DEBUG: Running command: gui
--- end debug output (truncated!)

I didn't see any warnings or errors regarding MIME.