Zim 0.53 for Windows available now

The Windows builds of Zim 0.53 are ready to download. Thanks to Jaap and all
other contributors for their hard work.

http://www.glump.net/software/zim

The Desktop Installer creates Start Menu shortcuts and shell launch
integration for .zim files. The new Portable Installer based on
PortableApps.com's toolchain creates no system-wide footprint and runs
entirely from its installed folder. If you want to keep the executable on a
thumbdrive or a network share, use the Portable version.

If you installed a prerelease build of 0.53 for Windows, please reinstall
from one of the installers published today!

A note about the PortableApps.com tools: While I did use PortableApps.com's
toolchain to build the portable installer (and save myself a lot of
experimentation), I have not yet submitted the application to
PortableApps.com. Surprisingly, there is no simple "submit a new
application" form. You're expected to join the community, do the usual
lurking, post a forum message in the "Beta releases" forum, and then hope
that one of the catalog maintainers will pick up your project after people
post positive comments. I suppose I can understand why they'd do it this
way, but I expected something more like Freshmeat's workflow. Oh well. I'll
be starting that process this week and if it ever goes anywhere I'll let you
all know.

Brendan Kidwell

Follow ups