Re: Sync a notebook with git: about index.db state.conf

I currently use Dropbox (plus encfs) to sync. I have "Shared Notebook" in
File -> Properties set to true and this avoids writing a .zim folder as a
child of the Notebook's root folder. I believe simply not syncing folder
has a similar effect. Zim will detect that its indices are out of date and
recreate them on your local copy. (Use Tools -> Update Index to kick it off
manually.) In the case of Shared Notebook, they are stored in somewhere in
a hidden folder under ~.
Definitely don't sync binary index files via Git; you'll end up with a long
useless history. All of the data in the .zim folder is secondary and
expendable.