Evernote/Footnote-like UI change?

Hi folks,

For a long time I've been thinking of some kind of Evernote/Zim
hybrid, one that could display and tag notes separately, but display
more than one "note" in the right-pane, rather than a single large
page.  I just discovered this:

http://bassultra.deviantart.com/art/Footnote-Note-Taking-Application-273031292

I'm sure it's nowhere near Zim now, but the UI is very close to what
I've been imagining.  It would be great if Zim could display a subtree
of notes in the right pane, instead of just a single note.  Then it
could have a dedicated tag strip, dedicated date field, dedicated
title field, stars or flags, etc.  Or, if a single note was displayed,
it could look like it does now.

This would make tagging so much more useful.  It would also let notes
be organized in a more detailed way, like Evernote.

I'd start coding this myself, but I know very little about Python and
Gtk.  So this message is just my throwing the idea out there to see
how it's received by the Zim crowd.  I know there are plenty of
wishlist bugs already.  I'm interested to hear your thoughts!

Adam

Follow ups