problems installing zim0.55 on mac OS 10.7.3

Hi all,

This is my first post on this mailing list.  If this is not the right
place to ask technical questions, I apologize.  Please just tell me
the right place to ask them and don't unleash a huge ragefest on me.

I read through the information about zim and it looks like it would be
really useful to help me organize my note-taking (I'm in medical
school).  I have a mac running OS 10.7.3.

I installed MacPorts and typed "sudo port install [port-name]" at the
terminal for the following port-names, as it said to do on the install
page:
    python26
    py26-gtk
    py26-simplejson
    py26-xdg

Then I downloaded and unarchived the source for zim0.55, navigated to
the folder, and typed "./test.py".  Unfortunately, I got the following
error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./test.py", line 239, in <module>
    main()
  File "./test.py", line 88, in main
    suite = tests.load_tests(loader, None, None)
  File "/Users/rcorty/Desktop/zim-0.55/tests/__init__.py", line 80, in
load_tests
    test = loader.loadTestsFromName(name)
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/unittest/loader.py",
line 100, in loadTestsFromName
    parent, obj = obj, getattr(obj, part)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'utils'

I figured I'd just give the install a try so I typed "./setup.py
install", and got the following error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./test.py", line 239, in <module>
    main()
  File "./test.py", line 88, in main
    suite = tests.load_tests(loader, None, None)
  File "/Users/rcorty/Desktop/zim-0.55/tests/__init__.py", line 80, in
load_tests
    test = loader.loadTestsFromName(name)
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/unittest/loader.py",
line 100, in loadTestsFromName
    parent, obj = obj, getattr(obj, part)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'utils'

Does anyone know what I should do about this?  I could keep taking
notes in Microsoft Word, I suppose.....

-Robert Corty

Follow ups