Installing on Windows: This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect

I just had a hard time installing Zim 0.54 on Windows XP SP3. The
application seemed to install fine, but when running it I would get
the following error:
This application has failed to start because the application
configuration is incorrect.

It turns out that the problem was that Visual C++ was not installed:
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=5582

I do not think that either Python nor GTK were installed on that
machine, and I did not have to install them separately. Only Visual
C++ and Zim itself.

This message is to inform people who run into this issue in the
future, including myself for next time.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il