Re: zim can't delete anything

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 2:52 PM, kwoodham@xxxxxxxxx <kwoodham@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Balcal,
>
> (Jaap, please correct this if I'm off base).
>
> When you manually delete the notes folder, the Zim cache (in .zim
> directory where your wiki was stored and/or the $Home/.cache/zim
> directory would not have been updated.  So when you started Zim back
> up, Zim would not have reflected the deletion.

But zim should detect it anyway. After restart of zim it checks the
index against the folder structure and updates accordingly.

A more likely reason is that other pages still link to the page, which
would result in a "placeholder" for the page to still exist.

> Try deleting the contents of the .zim directory and/or the contents of
> the $HOME/.cache/zim directory and restart.

This is rather drastic solution. If the index is out of sync you can
rebuild it with the menu item in the Tools menu, or by running "zim

> After that, I'd suggest that, in general, you add/delete pages within
> Zim so that it can update the cache on-the-fly to reflect to mods.

In general yes, but in this case that will probably trigger the same
bug shown in the traceback.