Sharing images between notes?

Hello!

I was wondering, if there is a convenient way to share images (or other
files) between different notes, that doesn't get broken, when moving notes
within the notebook or even the notebook to a different location / device.
I know, there is the "Document root" feature, but as far as I understand,
its path is not relative to the notebook but global.

I'd use it for two purposes:
1. Refracturing notes (cut/paste wiki-markup between notes that includes
images/equations).
2. Preventing data from being accidentially deleted along with the note.

The closest solution I know right now would be to set the root folder of
the Notebook as document root, but it seems, that would have to be
adjusted, if the notebook is moved around.

king regards, Yu

Follow ups