Win32: GUI with native controls?

Hello again :)

I installed build requirement (all-in-one PyGTK package), downloaded
Zim source and executed Zim w/o "python setup.py install"
It works fine, and because it's executed from CLI it doesn't spawn cmd
windows on latex or diagram insertions, so I don't even have to look
in the code
And BTW pythonw.exe can't run zim.py for some reason, so I have no options

However now Zim GUI looks ancient and distracting from rest, or say it
ugly. I looked in default PyGTK gtkrc files and they are as expected
For example, file
"C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\gtk-2.0\runtime\etc\gtk-2.0\gtkrc" is
pointing to what seems to right theme:

  gtk-theme-name = "MS-Windows"

I know Gimp uses this theme, and looks decent with regard to rest of
OS interface. Also previously downloaded portable Zim uses it, and
looks fine too.
But launching Zim from source, doesn't use this theme. I tried to make
etc folder structure inside Zim source, but it doesn't help

Any ideas?

Follow ups