Re: Hidden text (resend)

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 5:00 PM, Fred McDavid <fred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think it'll make it easier to write plugins that can extend the wiki
> syntax.

Not sure if I would want plugins to extend the syntax. Afraid that
that may be a sure way to cause incompatibilities. (Although I do
foresee plugins adding new syntaxes, e.g. to support native support
for markdown, retext etc.)

What I do plan -- as soon as I manage to free up my agenda :S -- is to
implement inline objects that plugins can use to add functionality.
Basically this will allow embedding arbitrary widgets in the page and
have the underlying data stored as an embedded block with it's own
syntax. This is what is being worked at in pyzim-next.

> I'l have a look at the pyzim-next branch.

Please do. It already has a plugin that can deal with inline code
blocks by embedding a gtksourceview. It still has some rough edges,
but may do already what you want to implement.