Re: Zim version 0.59 released

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 1:52 AM, nomnex <nomnex@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Thu, 24 Jan 2013 09:17:06 +0100
>> Jaap Karssenberg <jaap.karssenberg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Yesterday evening I released a version 0.59 of zim. Trigger for the
>> release was a critical bug that caused some content of the page to
>> disappear for a specific combination of formatting.
>
> I have installed 0.59 after reading your message.
> I have 20 pages missing on one of the 4 notebooks.
> I had recently edited this notebook using 0.58 (I first created
> the pages on 0.56).
>
> The page "ConvertZim" contained 7 links to sub-pages [Dates,
> Tasks, etc...] containing several links to sub-sub-pages. It's now
> empty.
> ---
> Wiki-Format: zim 0.4
> Creation-Date: 2013-01-16T10:54:07+09:00
>
> ====== ConvertZim ======
> ---
> There are no text file in the notebook directory either.
> I rsync my /home daily, but of course, the backup of the Zim dir. is in
> the same state.
>
> Any idea/hope?

I'm sorry, but if the files are gone, there is no other backup within
zim. (I always recommend to use the version control plugin, to allow
rollbacks.)  I would double check trash though, if accidentally they
were deleted from within zim, they might have ended up there.

I really doubt this is due to the update to 0.59 itself. There is
nothing in the update that even touches pages.

Some background on the issue fixed in 0.59
* The issue fixed was already there for a long time, it was not new in 0.58
* The issue only dropped small pieces of newly inserted text in a
page, not whole pages
* The issue only affects paragraphs that are being modified, other
text in the same page is unaffected

That being said, you may have stumbled on another issue. Afraid it is
hard to tell without an exact description what the last thing is you
did with those pages.