Re: Cards plugin

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 3:27 PM, Mark Hughes (Zim mailing list)
<mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Let's say you build your personal data example. Often these things start
> simple but then it becomes tempting to add new objects, and then to want to
> access them from different devices, run complex queries etc. Soon even a
> little "homer" can want much more database functionality. If the data is
> stored in a "proper" database, it is relatively simple to extend the plugin
> functionality and grow its capability along with user demands.

Agreed. So far my data base design did not go further than a big table
with properties per object: one column for the object id, one for the
property id, and one for the value.

I did look at specific solutions that allow to store semantic triples
(which is what I really want) but seems to me most of them are just
some sugar on top of a basic table as described above. At least I
found no triple-store that is fast and as easy to integrate as SQLite.