Re: Zim 0.60 released

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 10:59 PM, Syv Ritch <syv@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks for the new version. I just upgraded to 0.60. I just have some
> questions. I use Zim 0.60 on an xUbuntu 12.04.
>
> * Up to 0.59 (including 0.59), every time that I would stop typing,
>   Zim would save the notebook after a few seconds. It doesn't do it
>   anymore, Zim only saves the notebook on exit. I preferred the older
>   way of auto-saving. Is there a way for changing it back to the
>   continuous auto-save?
>
> * The new 0.60 is much slower on startup than 0.59. I did a: zim
>   --index -V notebooks/(notebook name). It helped (a lot) with the
>   speed of the startup but definitely not as fast as 0.59 which was
>   almost instantaneous. After the startup I do not see much of
>   difference in the speed. Am I the only one and doing something
>   wrong or...

Afraid I don't recognize either of those two items.

Auto-save code has not changed at all in this release. Checking on my
system is saves about every 10 seconds or when leaving a page. If this
does not work on your system, please open a bug report.

First time startup may indeed be slower due to the index being
rebuild. After that there should be no delta. In fact on my system the
new version is faster than the old one. Might help to run zim with
debug logging and see at what debug output the time is spent. Also
something that should go in a bug report.