Failing operations - how does ZIM handle them?

Related to https://bugs.launchpad.net/zim/+bug/1178604: Does ZIM currently
implement some safety net for failing operations?

I have seen similiar bugs before, where some step of the renaming (moving
the attachment folder, renaming the txt file, updating links in other
pages...) would fail, usually due to file locks from some program (e.g. a
shell being in a subdirectory of the page).

I used to thing of these as Windows-specific bugs, since sadly Windows
programs tend to take very strong file locks, making renaming of
directories with files being accessed by some program impossible and even
finding out what program interferes requires special software. The

Though I didn't yet observe a loss of data, such incidents tend to cause
broken links at least.

Follow ups