Re: Compatibility of zim and dokuwiki?

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 6:21 PM, Roberto Suarez Soto <talkingxouba@xxxxxxxxx
> wrote:

>         I was thinking about some way to edit Zim's articles via web, and
> recalled that its syntax was inspired by dokuwiki. How much are they
> compatible? Would it be possible to use dokuwiki as some kind of "web
> frontend" to Zim's files?

Not really. THe syntax is mostly similar but diverged a bit over time. Also
dokuwiki has a different structure for storing pages.

On the other hand, it should be very well possible to write a "store"
object for zim that uses the dokuwiki layout. If you look at the "zim-next"
branch, there is a new wiki parser that is easy to extend such that zim
could support real dokuwiki syntax as well.