Zim on /.

http://it.slashdot.org/story/13/08/18/124202/experiences-and-realities-of-an-homesourced-it-worker
>>> http://tidbitsfortechs.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-realties-of-working-from-home-in-it.html

[...]
"... forget about taking notes. You need a wiki. I use Zim Personal Wiki myself and it is sufficient. It runs on my computer and I don't need a web server for it, and its fast. Otherwise its rather boring, but it gets the job done. In fact, I would not be able to do my job properly without something like it! ..."
[...]

I'll second the motion. And I'd also say that "boring" is a Good Thing here, since "gets the job done" is what is needed, not "flashy."

Congrats,
JP