Re: turning off auto-turning urls into links

On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 1:17 PM, mc-rs <reckless.symmetry@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  [first time I've tried emailing to a mailing list, pls excuse if I get
> this wrong]
>
> Is there any way to turn off auto-turning urls into links?
>
> When I type a url, automatically creates a link, and if my cursor goes
> near, it becomes a hand and If I happen to press enter anywhere nearby, it
> will follow the link.  For me this is unwanted behaviour.
>
> I already have:
>     autolink_files=False
>     follow_on_enter=False
>
> I guess urls aren't covered under autolink_files,
> but follow_on_enter seems to be ignored also.

No this can not be turned off, URLs should always be clickable. The only
exception is URLs in a verbatim formatted text.

However the "follow_on_enter" should prevent opening them on <Enter>. Just
tested here and seems to works fine in zim 0.60.

May I suggest checking if you really have this option set in the
preferences dialog?