Re: screen capture toolbar button (feature request)

Hi,

On 23/12/2013 01:28, Qiang Fang wrote:

I used to use my note keeper in windows, the screen capture button is very handy. Eg. if you want to capture a picture in pdf files, you can open the file in the background, click the button, zim minimise then let you select the screen area, once a rectangular are is selected, it is inserted in the cursor position.

Under Linux, with xfce I can see the way to do it:

 * with zim's custom script
 *   + screenshoter
 * + a script converting it to pdf or what ever...

It could do the trick.

I already setup a script for the screenshoter linked on the « open with » action which:

1. name the screen capture my way
2. upload the picture on a FTP sever
3. convert into a URL
4. and push the URL into the clipboard for easy pasting as an image on
   a forum for example.

Under windows, could be achieved the same way but tools may be harder to setup to work together.

I currently use screenshoter to copy the area in the clipboard and paste it into zim.
Could you give a reason to do it in pdf instead?

I remember GreenShot <http://getgreenshot.org/> under windows for screen capture...
May be a good start.

Regards,
Sylvain.