Re: flowcharts

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 10:05 AM, Agustin Lobo <aloboaleu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'd like to include flowcharts of the involved processing chains
> in the zim files that I use to document my work.
> I've found the Ditaa plugin. Had never used Ditaa. Looks nice
> because of its simplicity, but after a first testing I find it tedious
> because you have to manually write the contours. Is there anybody
> using Ditaa? Is this something you get used after a while? Other people
> including flowcharts made with other programs can provide alternatives?
> Thanks
> Agus
A tool I often use is Graphviz which is supported in Zim[1]

The best and worst part about Graphviz is that you have little control
over layout.

A great thing about Graphviz is that it will fit inline just perfectly
and the diagram file will remain versioned. A PNG will also be saved
w/ the picture... so it'll still work w/ platforms w/o graphviz
installed.

1: http://zim-wiki.org/manual/Plugins/Diagram_Editor.html

--
Thomas Harning Jr. (http://about.me/harningt)