Re: Zim, ubuntu 14.04 and python

Yes at some point we will go to python 3, just because it is the future.
However I have no priority on this because it does not bring much
improvement for zim in specific. More interestingly would be to move to
Gtk3 at the same time, that brings some nice improvements zim could benefit
from.

However I want to ensure that we can support both linux and windows
versions when we go there. So need to have support for python 3 + gtk on
both platforms a bit mature.

If Ubuntu really removes python 2 that may be the trigger, then we would
need someone need to investigate status for compiling a python3 version of
zim on windows - and preferably status of compiling python3 + gtk3 on
windows.