Re: zim usage of linux threads

Hi Mario,

I would not consider that to be normal. But to be honest I also never did a
real benchmark on this.

Zim uses threads mostly to make IO a bit more responsive, but those should
threads should be short lived and you would not see many of them in
parallel.

One thing to try is to also check the open file handles and see if there
are so many of them for zim as well.

Of course there might be a bug in cleaning up threads that could cause them
to remain active. Would be worth while to look into. Can you share with me
how you log the number of open threads?