Re: Fwd: Windows 7: Inserting special chars like guillemets/angle quotes with [ALT+NumpadNumber]

Hello all,

many thanks for all your hints and ideas. Yep, I'm a Windows guy, and yep, I'm using
AutoHotkey every day (and programming with it sometimes - additionally using other much
more sophisticated stuff - infos only via PM...).

Using
[Alt Gr + [] and [Alt Gr +]]
is mentioned in the given link
Guillemet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guillemet
section
"Typing "«" and "»" on computers"

BUT I'm using a German keyboard...

Many thanks and greetings
Udo

Hi Guys,
my laptop dual-boots Arch Linux and Windows 7, but I don't use Windows much.  But I tried out [Shift + Alt Gr]<< for « on Windows 7 and it didn't work :(.  I knew I preferred Linux but I didn't
realise [Shift + Alt Gr] was part of the reason.

So I installed /UK International keyboard/ from http://www.zolid.com/uk-intl-kb/index.htm and that seems to do the trick, using [Alt Gr + [] and [Alt Gr +]] from:

Now I'm heading back to Arch  Linux, and my main desktop PC, as soon as possible.
Hope this helps someone.

John