Re: Sort index

Greetings!

I also worked around the issue with prefixed numbers and renaming the pages
afterwards. I would really appreciate a possibility to define custom order,
especially in presentations, which I love to make in ZIM :D It works fine,
except the ordering, which restricts usage of alt+PgDn due to alphabetical
(in this use case misleading) ordering.

The index is strictly alphabetic, but in fact information about order is
defined by sublinks in the parent page. For example I would suggest the
following approach (category of a wish list and a discussion ;)

In case of already mentioned presentation the structure could be the
following:

+introduction
+methods
+experiments
+results
+conclusion

If you sort the index according to ordered sublinks on the parent page,
than it would match the data structure. The separation of custom sorted and
alphabetically sorted could be visually differentiated. That would create
more coherent structure between pages and the index.

The only question is whether this suggestion is in favour of users and how
complicated would be the implementation this feature, since as far as I
have researched the SQLite database is not ready for keeping track of
customized ordering...

Best regards,
JaKub