Re: Getting external tools to work?

Hi Graham,

The custom tool really only takes a command, not a shell expression. So in
your example "echo %t  | sqlformatter.exe" the "|" doesn't do what you
think it does - instead it is just passed on as a literal to the "echo"
command.

What you should do is put the commands in a ".bat" file, then use that
".bat" file as a custom command.

I would advice to go the "%f" route and use a custom script to extract the
sql and run it through the formatter. The "%t" might not work at all in
combination with the code blocks plugin - at least, I have not tested that.

Hope this helps,

Jaap