Re: Windows 8.1 and screen of choice

Sounds like the taskbar really isn't very user-friendly!

Try this:

1. Create a batch file in the Notebook's folder called "[name of
notebook].cmd".
2. In the batch file just put one command: "start notebook.zim".
3. Make a shortcut to "[name of notebook].cmd" on your taskbar.

You'll get one or two popup command prompt windows which will close on
their own, but this solution might work.

Oh oh ... you said the "Choose Notebook" screen. Sorry I misread. That's
simple:

1. Set the default notebook to NONE. Whenever you launch Zim it will ask
what notebook you want to use.
-or-
2. Set the shortcut to execute
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Zim Desktop Wiki\zim.exe --list
  reference: http://zim-wiki.org/manual/Help/Commandline_Options.html

Or use the Zim system tray icon to launch notbooks, as hansbkk suggests.