From: Zim-wiki [mailto:zim-wiki-bounces+murat.gueven=ts.fujitsu.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of awehler@xxxxxxx
Sent: Donnerstag, 6. August 2015 08:22
To: zim-wiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Zim-wiki] Screencast about zim

Hi.
How do you explain zim other people?
I've found zim late in 2013. After a short test phase and personal approval my personal knowledge management has completely migrated to zim quickly and improved this topic from start a lot.Now zim is known to and applied by quite a few of my work mates. It has been recognized to be useful for a shared knowledge base in a team. Knowledge may be handled in a distributed version control system (e.g. git) the same way as the software itself. This way the originally two conflicting aspects of  1) a local Desktop Wiki and  2) distributed synchronizationare in complete harmony with each other.
Now, to repeatedly explain zim is time consuming. And, because I'm willing to create screencasts for customer support and training I decided to take zim for an exercise to create my very first video tutorial. The result is uploaded to YouTube and you may find it here:
About zim, a Desktop Wiki; Part 1/3: Highlights   https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hj21z5SLzgw
About zim, a Desktop Wiki; Part 2/3: Basics   https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=L_vFqzoQYvI
About zim, a Desktop Wiki; Part 3/3: Advanced   https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jFF4p8lQsfA
I hope you find it useful.