Re: mime types and link to libre office .ods still open gnumeric?

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 12:12 PM, Sylvain Viart <launchpad@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've a link in a page
>
> ~/somfile.ods
>
> (inserted with ctrl-L)
>
> When I click on in, zim still continue to open gnumeric instead of Calc?
>
> I modified my mine types and it works in Thunar, xfce filemanager under
> GNU/Linux.
>
> Zim 0.65
>
> I've both Gnumeric and Clac installed.
>
> How does Zim handle mime types?

Zim follows the XDG spec, so behavior should be the same as XFCE. The
reference application to test is "xdg-open". This is a commandline tool to
open a file according to mimetype.

However fixing in zim is easy, just right-click on the link and go to the
"open with" menu. There is a menu item to change the default.

REgards,