Re: Is Zim Desktop Wiki Dead? -- problems with Zim's web presence

Hi Brendan,

Thanks a lot for raising this issue. And yes, help with improving it is
very welcome!

With respect to the practicalities: I'm administrating both the website and
the launchpad project pages. I would propose some kind of collaboration to
draft a new webpage, and when it is ready to go live, I'll just push it to
the server.

At the moment the website is part of the code archive together with a
script in "tools/" to run it as a local server for testing. So changing the
website can be justs a new branch on launchpad. But I'm also open to other
tools / sites for collaboration.

Couple of resources that could be used:

* https://www.openhub.net/p/zim -- visualize the project activity stats --
especially a ticker like the "stats" widget (
https://www.openhub.net/p/zim/widgets) could help

* http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~jaap.karssenberg/zim/pyzim/files  -- this
give more of a "live" code view

right, the search function went AWOL :(  seems launchpad has it's best days
behind it .... workaround might be to use google with the query "site:
https://lists.launchpad.net/zim-wiki";

* https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=zim+desktop+wiki  -- results
in quite a few screencasts about zim, including those made by regulars on
this list :)

Apart from the things you raise I have also still in my mind to
re-structure the website based on your "getting work done in zim"
presentation and my own slide desk. Changing it to a format that "sucks you
in" by showing how to use it. Ideal case I would want the same structure
for both manual and the website, but I realize the website needs some
additional info people look for that does not belong in a manual.

Anyway, let's fix the easy stuff first before doing a full re-structuring.