Changing Zim pageview background color in Fedora 25

Just upgraded to Fedora 25. Using a Dark theme. In previous fedora
releases, launching zim with Fedora's default config always resulted in an
adwaita-light GTK2 theme.

Now with Fedora 25, Zim launches with a dark theme matching the desktop
which is nice, but there are issues with the default Zim style: highlighted
text and also links are unreadable. This is with both Wayland and Xorg.

After some tweakings in ~/.config/style.conf, zim looks readable again. I'm
using 'solarized' colors schemes in editors and terminals, and zim now
follows suit, except for the main pageview foreground and background.
I need Zim's pageview background and foreground to be solarized as well.

I tried customizing gtkrc-2.0 configuration just for zim, creating a file

cat /home/ari/.config/zim/gtkrc-mine
style "mycolors"
{
    base[NORMAL]: "black"
    base[SELECTED]: "black"
    text[NORMAL]: "black"
}
widget "*.zim-pageview" style "mycolors"

And then launching zim like this:

GTK2_RC_FILES=/home/ari/.config/zim/gtkrc-mine zim

I know that gtkrc-mine is being read because if I introduce an error (say
change ':' with '=' then I see an error message in the terminal.

However, Zim ignores the settings in my custom gtkrc, the pageview doesn't
change at all.

Anyone succeeded in customizing the Zim's pageview background & foreground
colors?

--------------------------------------

[TextView]
bullet_icon_size=GTK_ICON_SIZE_MENU