Re: tags and index panel

Right Clicking in the index pane brings up the "sort pages by tags" menu.
That changes the list of pages, listing out tags as to the top levels in
the index.
The tags tab in the index pane is straightforward. Clicking on any one of
them limits it to tagged pages, double-clicking resets back to all tags.
As to your doubt regarding the shifting between all tags, some tags and
single tags. If a given tag, say @tag1 exists in a page alongside @tag2,
then when you select @tag1 in the tag cloud, @tag2 will also be shown
alongside. This is natural as those pages also include the accompanying
tags. It would therefore be preferable to use the sort pages by tags option
in the menu than the tag cloud if you have pages with multiple tags applied
(as it appears in your case).

Regards