Re: Global shortcut

In my case it takes 1 to 2 seconds to have Zim window on foreground. I am Not sure if this have any influence on delay, but I have the Zim shortcut placed in the quicklaunch taskbar folder. Try the following path:
C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\

Anyway I understand that even 1 or 2 seconds of delay can be unbearable for many, but a not big issue for an old engineer like me.

Some time ago, maybe one year or two, I tried to use VBScript to bring Zim window to focus. It was faster but unreliable. Sometimes the program was activated, because you could see the icon blinking in the taskbar, but the window remained buried below other programs.

I remember I have read somewhere that VBS AppActivate method could fail to bring window to focus under certain conditions. By that time I didn't want to spend more time with VBS coding then I gave up with my "Bring to Front" script project.

I have read that some people use AutoHotKey for this kind of stuff but, compared with 4 or 5 lines in VBS, it is the same of using a cannon to kill a fly. I do not think this is an elegant solution, but this is my personal opinion.