Re: Compiling for windows

Hi Stephen,

The README-BUILD-win32.txt [1] is pretty good, I was able to produce a Windows installer for 0.65 using this guide, only with few minor (and almost obvious) adjustments. Also, look at [2], the official home of Zim for Windows - I remember getting a few pointers there too.

By the way, you should be able to run Zim as any other Python code straight from the source. I might be forgetting things, but I think it worked for me when I tried it - give it a shot.

-Z.

[1] http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~jaap.karssenberg/zim/pyzim/view/head:/windows/README-BUILD-win32.txt
[2] http://www.glump.net/software/zim-windows