Re: can't get windows version to start

Look in the folder "%TEMP%" for a file "zim.log" and see if it says
anything interesting.

Next, try running this:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Zim Desktop Wiki\zim.exe" --standalone
    --debug
    (Fix the path to zim.exe if it is not correct.)

Whether that opens a window or not, again go look at "%TEMP%\zim.log"
and there should be more information in there.