zim-wiki team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Zim 0.62-rc2 Windows build published; lots of Windows build process cleanup done; more to be done
Over the last couple of weeks, I fixed a number of issues with the
Windows build process for Zim. I'd been itching to upgrade on my Windows
machine I use for my job, so I decided it was time to release a packaged
build. I noticed that Jaap created a 0.67-rc2 tag less than a day ago. I
merged that into my branch, did a few more fixes, and sent Jaap a pull
I have built, signed, and published current versions of the Windows
package for 0.67-rc2. I have only performed cursory tests on Windows 7
32-bit. Please backup your data before you try this.
Subscribe to this RSS feed to find out when I post the next Windows
- Brendan Kidwell
The rest of this message quotes the release announcement:
*Please backup your data! This is an unstable and largely untested
Windows build process changes:
* Cleaned up build README a lot.
* Cleaned up build process a lot.
* Added "README for Zim for Windows" file -- it's in your Start Menu /
Zim Desktop Wiki folder.
* README mentions where you can find your Plugins folder!
* Removed dependency on PortableApps.com for the portable launcher and
* Created our own standalone NSIS-based portable and DEBUG MODE
launchers (see new README in ./windows/src).
* Removed requirement for build person to download "Microsoft.VC90.CRT"
folder; found it in %WINDOWS%\WinSxS.
* Created Python script that runs the desktop installer builder.
* Prepared to merge Portable installer with Desktop installer (one
package); it's not done yet; for now we're shipping a Zip file for the
Still yet to be done on the Windows build process:
* Desktop and Portable build in a single installer .exe.
* Integrate missing Spell Check files into the package so the plugin
* See if Windows clipboard access is still a problem and investigate
* Test on several versions of Windows
See also the CHANGELOG for changes in the upstream main project.