Re: Export to hml with images

Speaking of; a big picture thing I've been hacking together, and I wonder if there's any interest and/or easy way to accomplish.

Basically, zim as a simple blogging platform; I'm doing a bit of it now because I wanted something simpler than Wordpress.

Current procedure for me is to use the Journal as the jump-off point; I get dates and can do an "overview" that way, so any page under a date is "recognized" by my system as an entry.

Right now, all my "system" entails is a few bash scripts that edit the exported html before it's pushed to my server; the changes being "addition of metadata for the social media platforms," specifically
- Adds "title" metadata from the title
- Adds "subtitle" metadata from the first italicized line after the title
- Adds "image" metadata" from the first image it encounters.

Mine does both Open Graph (facebook/linkedin) and Twitter cards, so when you share the page, you get the "preview" deal that you see all over, I can share to github or similar if interested (FYI note that you may have to "upload" the page to facebook/twitter BEFORE you share it to get it to show up, it's a developer thing)

Here's an example page, you can view the source to see what else it produces. (please ignore the opinion if its not your deal :) )
https://jrm4.com/Journal/2021/06/16/Why_Cryptocurrency_is_Here_to_Stay.html

The next thing I'll be working on is getting it to generate an RSS feed, but I think this whole deal begs the question -- could this functionality be replicated on export, or in some other way internal to zim and is there interest? I've looked at the templating system, but I'm not seeing exactly how to do what I'm thinking about, especially the image stuff. I'm guessing there might be a plugin way to do it as well, but I'm not (yet) familiar with enough python and was curious if anyone else liked this idea? I'll be pushing forward with it regardless.

John