inx-devel team mailing list archive

Re: Goals and dreadlines [ was Re: Thread 4: What's actually happening...]

On Sun, 2008-09-21 at 21:39 +1000, Peter Garrett wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 14:39:37 +0300 (EEST)
> "Janne Jokitalo" <astraljava@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Do we have a list somewhere, and that reminds me, do we have a wiki or
> > some such that could provide easy documentation for stuff requiring
> > development efforts, describing use cases for future releases etc.?
>
> No wiki. No use case lists. No.... organisation ;)
>
> To be truthful, the more goals and deadlines are set, the less likely I
> am to do anything. I find formal structures paralysing, personally.
>
> If others want to set goals for INX, and set this kind of thing up, go
> for it... If it gets goal-oriented expect inx-one to lose interest
> though.

I support people setting deadlines... *for themselves*.
I do not support people setting deadlines for *others*.

When people are required to do the work instead of puting it on others
TODO lists they tend to reconsider its importance.
(Personal experiance from gNewSense)
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)