Re: [Ayatana] Question about Bug Reporting Tools in Ubuntu, from a design perspective...

Make it cool, give them something for free.  How about on first login: "In order to make the Ubuntu experience complete, we'd like to offer you 2 gigs of online storage.  This storage can be accessed from any Ubuntu machine, and is completely free.  May we sign you up?
User clicks yes.  Bingo.  Create a Launchpad account OR utilize existing Open ID, Login information stored.  Seamless bug submissions on the horizon :)

Of course there would also be a way for the user to input already existing credentials too.

-Anthony