Re: [Ayatana] message indicator.(colour palette)

Though I support it; this point was originally made by Luke Benstead, not by me. :)

On 1 April 2010 14:23, Jim Rorie <jfrorie@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 2010-04-01 at 13:38 +0100, Jan-Christoph Borchardt wrote:

>         Blue = Information (e.g new mail)

+1
Blue is used for informational road signs in the US as well.  I agree
with trying to map these colors to existing traffic paradigms.  It's
gives a solid point of reference.  Green seems a little off purpose for
new mail.

>         Although +1 for the icons changing with the colour.

Although d-bus exposes these events nicely, you make your desktop
accessible by default by modifying the icon slightly.  Plus, LCD's are
notorious for color shifts at an angle.