Re: [Ayatana] message indicator.(colour palette)

On 01/04/10 14:23, Jim Rorie wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-04-01 at 13:38 +0100, Jan-Christoph Borchardt wrote:
>

>>         Blue = Information (e.g new mail)
>>
> +1
> Blue is used for informational road signs in the US as well.  I agree
> with trying to map these colors to existing traffic paradigms.  It's
> gives a solid point of reference.  Green seems a little off purpose for
> new mail.

OK. I think it's worth exploring this. Otto, can you work up a semantic
palette for us? Perhaps a blue version of that icon, just in a PPA?
Personally, my expectation is that green vs orange/red is as far as we
want to go, but I understand the rationale for blue as a "cool,
informing" colour and am willing to at least try it.

Your choice of blue, of course :-)

Mark