Re: [Ayatana] Promoting the LTS

On 3 April 2010 16:37, Nicholas Ipsen(Sephiroth_VII)
<sephiroth7vii@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Reading the Wiki, it sounds a lot like stability is the goal of an LTS.

True that, and I think this is for the first time with Lucid? (that
the release schedule and wiki were updated?)

I wonder if I'm mistaken in reading some forum posts (even recent
ones) from apparent Ubuntu
devs/contributors (if not Canonical employees) echoing the old "LT(S)
= support not necessarily stability" line.

In any case, in my personal opinion and experience, Lucid has pretty
much fixed bug #1 for me.
Much better than Hardy which isnt too bad either for me even though
you hear user complaints about it.

So getting back to the topic of this email thread, sure it should be
promoted heavily. I certainly do so
amongst my friends, coworkers and all the forums, blogs, microblogs
etc that I post to... :-)