Re: [Ayatana] Promoting the LTS

On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 4:54 AM, Vishal Rao <vishalrao@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I believe "LTS" just means "Long Term Supported" and not necessarily
> more or less "stable" :-)

During the development cycle for a LTS release, we know that we will
be supporting it for a long time. As a result, we are more cautious
with the changes we make, and sometimes defer more unstable changes
until the following release in order to make the LTS more stable. For
the Lucid cycle, we also have 2 beta releases (unlike the karmic
cycle). I would also suggest that you all read the LTS wiki page [1]
for more information. That wiki page explains some of the ways we try
to make the LTS more stable.

Nathan

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LTS