Re: [Ayatana] User feedback from the new WM control order

On Thursday 15,April,2010 06:12 PM, Luke Benstead wrote:
> Just to quickly add my experience to this. I've not yet accidentally
> hit the close button, however I have on several occasions hit minimize
> when aiming for the Applications menu. I also tweeted about it in
> frustration: http://twitter.com/kazade/status/12155652979
>
> I'm now totally confused, because I'm liking the left side but this
> continual mishitting will probably force me to change it, which is a
> shame. If we do pick up Gnome Shell for 10.10 where there is a
> hoverable "Activities" menu in the same place as the current
> Applications menu then I think this will just get worse.

I don't think it will be an issue with GNOME Shell, as the top-left corner is a
hot corner for triggering the overlay mode so you don't need to click the
button, just flick your cursor to the top left corner. The button is just there
for discoverability and to provide tablet users with something to poke, I think.

--
Kind regards,
Chow Loong Jin (GPG: 0x8F02A411)