Re: [Ayatana] Farewell to the notification area

Conscious User wrote:
> " 1) Communicating the goals and current status to end users. The amount
> of people who think the messaging menu is only a launcher, for
> example, is overwhelming.

If people don't figure out how to use something we designed, the answer
is to improve the design, and not to mount a campaign to educate them :-)

By which I mean that the pieces should feel more natural, and getting
things done should be more natural, or we're not succeeding.

I'd be very interested in data that could guide the evolution of things
like the messaging menu.

Mark