Re: [Ayatana] Making workspaces great (branched from "Farewell to the notification area")

I think a distinction should be made between what would work well on desktops and what would work well on netbooks. Using only maximized windows on a 24in screen for example doesn't sound like something people would be into.

As screen size gets bigger I see window management going more towards easy window placement, the way something like Bluetile does perhaps. I think users would want to easily 'dock' windows to take up something like a corner of the screen rather than going between workspaces to interact with multiple windows.